New New Thought Day is also called
"Christian New Thought Day"
During a casual jaunt on the internet, in 2012, a New Thought minister discovered the New Thought Library website and saw that Rev. Dr. Michael Spottiswoode had discovered information about the original New Thought Day which is August 23rd. This wonderful soul was inspired to create an additional New Thought Day. One which focuses on Abrahamic New Thought directions.
Some have asked: Is this day was inspired by "dies Solis", which Roman Emperor Constantine declared on March 7, 321?
This is not to be mistaken with the Latin Term"Sol Invictus," meaning "Unconquered Sun".
The holiday of Sol Invictus is celebrated on December 25th as the sacred day of Mithras. Mithraism is the secret key to Constantinian Christianity.
We can't sure if the rumor that another group has also created a "New New New Thought Day" on December 21st is accurate. But that Day is a Sacred day to many people including the Persians who call it Nowruz.
New New Thought Day, better known as Christian New Thought Day is celebrated on the first Sunday in March
These innovative ministers created a pdf that places Mary Baker Eddy the founder of Christian Science into a "New Thought Lineage".
Of course, anyone who has read Spirits in Rebellion, or is versed in actual New Thought History, will be aware that whereas several early New Thought figures began as Christian Scientists including: Ursula Gestefeld, Jane Yarnall, and the Emma Curtis Hopkins, there were many early New Thought leaders who were not Christian Scientists and in fact Christian Scientists did not consider themselves to be New Thought.
We have received many inquiries about this, as well as commentary.
One minister from a larger denomination, asked: "Were the various mistakes in the pdf they created simply the result of ignorance?"
Another asked: "Are they simply trying to make New Thought into some kind of 'interfaith alliance'?"
Some people have asked: "Is there is a "High Council" that governs New Thought?"
If there were a high council of New Thought, then it wouldn't be New Thought anymore, would it?
If you were to create a High Council of New Thought, or try to force it into one form, by somehow forcing all people under the guidance of one body, then by definition it becomes an "old thought".
It should always be clear that New Thought is neither Christian, nor Jewish, Islamic, Buddhist etc...
New Thought is a simple teaching that might be best summarized as "change your thinking, change your life."
But there are several "tracks" or overall "schools" if you wish to call them that. Some of these are:
- Christian New Thought (sometimes called "Bible New Thought")
- Mental Science (focusing on Mind Principles)
- Science of Mind - starting around 1881 with John Bascom focusing on Universal Spiritual Principles and that the universe is a thought of God.
- Buddhist New Thought - Seicho No Ei is the largest New Thought denomination in the world. Often called "Truth of Life" Seicho No Ei is rooted within Buddhist teachings but includes the Bible etc.
- Lotus Sutra New Thought - There are other New Thought organizations that begin with this Buddhist Sutra and then include other teachings.
- Taoist New Thought which starts with the Tao, then combines it with Buddhist principle and then the bible.
- Vedic New Thought is best articulated by Roy Eugene Davis. It combines Vedic principles with other spiritual paths.
In short, New Thought is not about the organizations that take these different approaches. New Thought is about you!
Thus celebrate New New Thought Day and traditional New Thought Day, and always celebrate New Thought Week!
When coming to a New Thought Center, you will find:
- warm and welcoming people;
- a participative Sunday Seminar;
- a sacred space for prayer;
- support for you wherever you are on your spiritual path;
- inspiring messages;
- Spiritual Directors who listen;
- high-quality, contemporary, high-energy music ministry;
- children are welcomed;
- a variety of fun, engaging classes, workshops and activities;
- a center that is constantly evolving, learning and transforming as you evolve, in a loving process in a compassionate community.